Other Ways to Help
Events & Fundraisers
Through-out the year, Stepping Stones Shelter hosts several events and fundraisers each geared at educating our community on homelessness, thanking our volunteers & donors or giving back to our families both present and past. A few of these events and fundraisers are:
- Open House
- Back To School Picnic
- Rockville Rewards
- March Madness
We also invite anyone interested to host an event & fundraiser and donate proceeds to Stepping Stones Shelter. Learn More
Interested in finding out more information on our various Events & Fundraisers? Learn More
Your gift today makes a difference to families! You can help by making a financial gift, dropping off donations of needs list and wish list items, making meals for families, donating through workplace giving campaigns and corporate matching, and even purchasing something from our Amazon Wish List!
Stepping Stones loves our volunteers! Each year, more than 300 volunteers help us to we are able to provide warm safe shelter, food, clothing, and all of the other necessities. Our corporate partners encourage their employees to help, both as individuals and in groups. Congregation and community partners make meals for the families, assist with family-friendly activities including bingo, karaoke, and birthday parties. And students come to Stepping Stones to provide volunteer support and earn SSL hours.
Become A Community Partner
It’s easy for you to make a big difference in the lives of homeless families here in our community. Here are some of the many ways you can help:
- Like Stepping Stones Shelter (SSS) on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and also ask or "invite" your your friends to like us too.
- Tell friends and family about SSS and encourage them to visit our website to learn more about us.
- Sign up to receive Stepping Stones email blasts.
- Send information to Stepping Stones current needs to your neighborhood listserv.
- Purchase tickets to our annual fundraiser(s) and ask 10 friends to also buy tickets.
- Donate monetarily to Stepping Stones, either online or by mail.
- Consider monthly donations
- Volunteer with us-there are a variety of programs available, so that you can do whatever you most enjoy!